Sunday, December 26, 2010

Think Time!

Ever run out of ideas? Can't think? Well that happened to me quite a few times until I found a solution! Whenever I'm in my class and we have to come up with stories, I usually think of one, but sometimes I can't. The thing I do to fix this was pretty simple. ( ways to solve writer's block specifically is in my post "Writer's Block" in the month of November) All I did was put a blank piece of paper in front of me, hold a ready to go pen or pencil in my hand, and think about all things related to writing. Think of it as trying to grab on to a swinging rope. You have to watch that rope and when it hits you, you grab it as quick as you can and don't let go. Now convert that to this technique. Think carefully, but freely, and right when you feel a spark go of, grab the idea and write it down on the paper. There is an idea in everything. This is not just for writing. You can use this for anything that envoloves ideas. For example, I'm typing this post right now and I think, what if the computer was alive and it communicated by typing by itself? Boom, now I just have to write that down before I forget.
Hope this helps!

P.S. Very Important! Write the idea down as soon as you get it, or it'll escape through a tiny whole in your mind and won't come back.

No comments: